Friday, August 14, 2009

Johnny's Trip to Alaska

While the boys and I were in Utah, Johnny was able to spend a week in Alaska with his two friends Dave and Andy. They rented a motorhome for a week, fished salmon and halibut, hiked a glacier, canoed in the ocean, and tried their hardest to be more manly. He absolutely loved it!

Salmon fishing - they had the most luck of any other group on the river!

The lovely RV

Canoeing in the Ocean



Halibut Fishing

Johnny caught a 5'7", 150 lber that had to be shot in the head 8 times before finally surrendering

Although he was trying his hardest to be manly, he couldn't help taking a picture among the beautiful wildflowers he passed while hiking to a glacier.

2 comments:

Amber said...

Yay for blog posts! Can you imagine what that camper must have smelled like after a week with three men living in it? Beautiful pictures, though!! I'm glad he had a blast!

JaMie said...

These picts are AMaZinG! I would love to do a family vaca like this... so fun! I can't wait for Conrad to get home too see these picts. That fish is HUGE!