Wednesday, September 08, 2010

Baby Conrad

Baby Conrad is finally here! So here's how everything went down...

I called Johnny at work on Friday and told him I needed to get out of the house. I couldn't handle chasing Drakie and Bubbs around, 9 1/2 months pregnant, any longer and wanted to go on a date. We went out for some sushi (yes, I eat sushi throughout my whole pregnancy) and talked about how we were so not prepared to have another baby. We didn't have a name picked out, the nursery wasn't finished, I hadn't sorted all the baby clothes yet, and on and on.

After dinner I wanted to go walk around somewhere to try and make the baby come, but I ran out of energy just thinking of where to go walk around and we instead decided to go home.
We got home, went to bed, and at about 12:30am I woke up thinking I had wet the bed. This wouldn't be too odd considering I chew 4 1/2 cups of ice before bed, but I wasn't quite sure. I woke Johnny up and told him to see if I wet the bed or if my water had broken, and he said "no, gross." So I rolled out of bed and sure enough, it was like the Mississippi River. I waddled around the room, grabbed a few things, called my mom to come over, and got ready to head to the hospital. (I wouldn't have lost so much water had Johnny not pretended to jump over huge puddles everywhere I walked, making me laughing harder, pushing more water out).

We got to the hospital about 1:15am, got settled in our room, and then had loads of time to kill. Johnny slept on a pullout bed until the pitocin I'd been given to put me into labor kicked in. I just hung out, tried to sleep, and played solitaire on my phone. At about 6:00am I woke him up so he could hold my hand through the most painful contractions EVER, and then finally got my epidural. We talked about what to name the little guy and decided on Conrad James Hanna (Conrad had been a favorite from the beginning, and James is my dads middle name). At about 7:17am they said I could start pushing, and at 7:20, after one push, little Conrad was born!

8lbs 13oz, 20 inches, and as healthy as can be. He's as enthusiastic an eater as his brothers, and has been very pleasant so far, only crying to eat.

I'm adjusting to having three boys under three years old and am happy to be able to breath again!





11 comments:

Chell said...

Congrats, He is adorable..

Amanda said...

Wow, what a cutie! Congratulations! I love the name Conrad...great choice =). I hope all is happy and well at the Hanna house!

Amanda said...

Oh Paige,.. he is so beautiful!! Congrats!

Anonymous said...

I was telling Reuben that we should have been quicker on getting the name James! Dang...! But I love the name! Super cute baby. Grandma and Grandpa Williams were saying that he is super cute and super big!

Congrats you guys :)
Erica

Lewis.Muriel.Lily said...

Congratulations!!!! He is absolutely adorable!

BrittWilk said...

yahoo!! he's here. i've been blog stalking you waiting for this announcement. great name. drake, pierce and conrad. adorable. glad everything went so well!!

BrittWilk said...

p.s. your boys all have completely their own look. he looks so different than his brothers and he's so cute (and so are they!)!

Ellen said...

Just beautiful! Congratulations

Adrienne, Hanna, Hayden & Garrett said...

Can't wait to meet him! Glad you are all home and healthy!

Aunt Chris said...

There is something about him that reminds me of your cousin Shaun. He is so adorable and I'm glad he came with only one push! Whoa. You are so lucky to have your mom right there to help you, I wish I could too.
Love you guys, so glad you are all doing well. I can't wait to meet him!

Devon said...

Oh my goodness...he is totally a different baby Hanna, isn't he? I'm so excited for you guys, and I wish you had filmed Johnny's antics, just for little Conrad to enjoy someday. What a story! I wish we could be there to meet him and bring you dinner! Post lots and lots of pics! We love you guys!

Oh, also...McKinley and Milt wonder if he gets chubby, can he be called Bubba the 2nd? (Adding "the 2nd" makes the name Bubba sound so much more dignified, doesn't it?)