Friday, February 11, 2011

Colorado


We spent last week in Colorado with Johnny's mom and grandma (Mary and Mary, or Gaga and Gigi and the boys call them). Mary had just gotten two puppies so we had to bring the boys out to see them!

Gigi held this little guy for 5 days straight. His days consisted of being fed, rocked to sleep, fed again, laughing, pondering, and complaining about the -14 degree weather.


Auntie SueSue gave Gigi a short break so her arms could rest.
And there was, of course, exer-saucer time

This is how this guy spent the whole week. In January he was gone a few days a week, every week, so what did I make him do the first week in February? Drive 11 hours with kids to visit his mother. He was a good sport, even though he will turn around and do the same thing this month...

Because it was FREEZING outside, there was a lot of watching cartoons and playing with toys.
At Drake's request, we did a sunglass photo shoot. All poses were on his own, he's very dramatic.

Here is Bubbs photo shoot, against his request.

Drake about to get nailed in the head with a car, and who knows whats going on in the right picture.

Proof I have two crazies. They loved this sunroom and spent most of the time in here.
The puppies who happen to be sisters!
Cinnamon Girl
Maggie Mae

On Saturday morning we said goodbye to Johnny's family...


and said goodbye to the cars.

...and headed the opposite direction of home to Alamosa, CO to visit Didi! She is there going to school and getting super fit playing lacrosse. We went to Walmart and got her some groceries, let the boys run around a bit, then started the loooong trip home.
Here's a lonely tree, braving the negative freezing weather.

We spent the night in Parachute, CO where my dad's mom, Grandma Candy, lives. Sunday morning I went to her home where she showed me AWESOME old photo albums of her, her parents, and my great-great grandpa and his relatives. We then went to church with her (very amazing considering she hadn't gone to church in over 25 years until two weeks ago) then got on the road.


It was a long trip, but it was so wonderful to spend time with Johnny's wonderful mom, who never stops telling us to make ourselves at home, cooks great meals, bathes my boys, does their laundry, and lets me get out of the house to re-group : )
Johnny's grandma is the kindest women who never tires of holding babies and it was so nice having her their to help!
Johnny's aunts are all like second grandma's to these boys and the boys love them as much as I do! It was so good seeing them.


This is just a precursor to April when Johnny and I go out of town for two weeks and let all of those wonderful women watch them, I hope they don't regret agreeing to it :)

2 comments:

Mary said...

I LOVE this blog Paige. Such adorable pictures. Thank you for taking the time to come and stay with me and my family. It was so cold and not sure what I would have done without you and John. I can't wait until April and know my family will be here to help. I don't want you to worry at all but have a terrific time.

rebecca said...

my HECK you make cute kids....