Thursday, September 15, 2011

Bubba



I took Bubba to the dermatologist last week and he made quite an impression at the office.
When we walked in the receptionist smiled at him and said, "You must be Pierce!"
He gave his most upset, mad face (one might say 'pissed off' face, which resembles the photo above) lowered his voice and replied, "I'm Bubbaleeshee." The receptionist wasn't quite sure what to do with that response and just said, "Oh, ok!"

I then had to explain how Bubba received one of his many nicknames. Bubbaleeshee comes from Mimi, who called him Bubbalicious, which Bubba couldn't pronounce, and then turned in to Bubbaleeshee, sometimes just Leeshee.

I appologized for his unfriendly demeanor and they just laughed. When the nurse came out to call us back the receptionist told her to ask Bubba his name. After the nurse asked Bubbs replied, still mad, "I'm Bubba Pierce."
We then sat back in the patients room and the Dr. walked in and said, "I heard I'm supposed to ask him his name. What is your name?" Bubba, still mad, replied "I Senor Bubbs." (which comes from his Uncle Dave). The Dr. laughed and said, "Well, Senor, if you are good you can get a treat from the treat door!"
His reponse, "I don't want treats! I want gummies!"
From then on, any questions directed at Bubbs were answered with "Cars 2" for the remainder of our visit.

**Disclaimer, I have no idea where this angry, bitter Bubba comes from, but I can't help but laugh when he shows up.


Yesterday Drake told Johnny to rub noses with him. Johnny said no, your nose is stinky. Drake, after inhaling, said, "Dad, my nose isn't stinky!"
"Then what does it smell like?"
"It smells like ham."

2 comments:

Steelman Co. said...

haha! I laughed throuout this whole post.

Amber said...

Ohhhh, the Bubbs. I literally laughed out loud through this entire thing. I love that he has so many nicknames and that he likes to go by them all. :-)