Last night Johnny and I were fortunate enough to spend a night up in New York, without kids! We dropped the boys off at a friends house, who already has three kids of her own and obviously doesn't know how to say "NO", and headed up north.
We got to our hotel a little late, but decided to do a little site seeing before bed.
We stopped by Rockefeller Center and had to pay homage to 30 Rock, of course.

And I was fascinated by an amazing display of hydrolix.
( I just learned the word 'hydrolix' last night, sorry if the spelling is wrong)

The next morning we left our hotel and had a VERY touristy day, all planned by my huband - who I didn't know knew how to plan something.

We started at Magnolia's where we got a very healthy and calorie free breakfast, because I am pregnant and need to eat healthy.

And then headed over to Central Park where we hopped on a horse drawn carriage for a tour of the park. I bit my tongue the whole time, trying to keep from asking the driver how he liked working behind an animal that smelled like @#$* all day.
On the carriage we ate our healthy breakfast - oh wait, I forgot, it was very unhealthy and full of calories, because I am pregnant - which consisted of a red velvet cupcake, pumpkin cheesecake, and peanut butter toffee square, washed down with a Jamba.
Yes, I have gained a lot of weight this pregnancy...and so has Johnny.

and then I almost lost my breakfast after seeing this...
but I knew my aunts love hairy thighs so I couldn't resist. Right Chris and Michelle?
The weather was PERFECT!

and everything was soooo green.

after walking around a bit more, it was time to eat again...of course.
Burger Heaven was my request, because currently all I want is cupcakes and burgers, and their burgers are heaven.
We then went to the Gershwin Theater so I could see my first ever broadway play, Wicked!
Our seats were great, 4 rows up, right in the middle. I loved it and was surprised Johnny enjoyed it as much as me!
(He may or may not have wanted to listen to Defying Gravity the whole way home until he had it memorized. I love him.)
This was the stage before the show started.

I had to take a picture of a "New Yort Ciddy Taxi" for Drakie, from the back of our little cart pulled by a muscly guy on a bicycle. I felt bad for eating so much that day, no wonder he started sweating after 2 blocks.
Our last stop before heading home was Grand Central Station. I'd never been there and didn't know much history on it. It was beautiful and I had a little fun with some time-lapse photos.
In case any of you were interested:
We had a wonderful time spending 24 hours away from the kiddos! A night away helped me remember how much I love and appreciate my little guys and love spending time with Johnny.
And I am sooooo grateful for wonderful neighbors who watched the boys for us and made sure they were fed, napped, changed, and clothed - on top of doing that for their own children - so thanks Linns!!!!









9 comments:
I am loving your pictures. I sort of love/hate looking at your blog because it reminds me how much I would a) love a nice camera and b)learn how to use said camera. I have never been to New York, but it looks fabulous! (and different:))
How fun! I'm so glad you guys got to get away. I love all of the pictures, too! Especially the time-lapse. What a cool idea!
P.S. It's no wonder that you never returned my "Scrabble?" text... You were too busy having fun! :-)
Now that's what I call a date. Sounds like fun (and all that food is making me hungry - yum!)
And I craved burgers when I was pregnant with my boys too.
Of COURSE I know how to say "No"...that's why we only have three kids and not 10! ;)
I loved seeing all the pictures -- what a beautiful day! Although I might be a tad upset that you got to eat all that yummy food, while I was required to share all of mine with Bubba. No wonder you're so skinny (I'm going to start calling it the "Bubba diet" where he eats half of what is on your plate, so you only have half the calories! Brilliant!) I'm so glad you guys had fun. Pregnant Mommies should always get time off from kids, right?
Looks like you guys had so much fun! And yay for Johnny planning it all!
Beautiful pictures and what a FUN day. I don't remember ever proclaiming love nor hate for hairy thighs??? hmmmm, nope don't remember.
Anyway, thanks for that. :(
Great pictures and what a fun day...lol to hairy thighs, your JK right?
Yes, definitely kidding about the hairy thighs! Chris, we have never - and I hope we never - discuss your like or dislike of hairy thighs. I only did that to hopefully make you two chuckle before you cringed.
Post a Comment