We potty trained Drake back in November. Things went pretty easy and he only had occasional nighttime accidents or a small accident when he was too involved in playing to get up and go.
For the last few days, however, he's been peeing in his pants and on the floor! One time he was just sitting watching TV and a few other times have been in the bathroom, right by the toilet! I am sooooo frustrated (and grossed out) and don't know how to communicate with a 3 year old. And every time I ask him why he didn't just go in the toilet, since he was already in the bathroom, standing right in front of it, he says "because I went on the floor."
Yesterday I tried to re-potty train him all over and he still had 2 accidents.
Any ideas on why this is happening and what I can do?

This picture is meant to embarrass him in a few years, for putting me through all this grief.
3 comments:
The same thing happened with Carson. We went on vacation and he decided not to be potty trained anymore. After a week of trying to fight it I put him back In diapers and didn't even mention using the potty for a few months. Then when we started it again he was a pro and didn't really need training. Good luck!
Bailey did that too. and I wasn't about to re-potty train,.. so I told her if it happened again she would get a cold bath tub,.. and so she did,.. She stood right in front of me and peed her pants. I didn't get upset,.. I just told her in a very calm voice that since she peed in her pants, she had to have a cold bath,.. and she hasn't had an accident since. Mostly it was just,.. I made her stand in the tub and rinsed her bum with cold water,.. it wasn't a full on bath. But I am a super mean mom. :( But it worked.
Great pictures! Potty training grief!??? You want some advise from me:). I think not.
Post a Comment