Tuesday, May 05, 2009

Last Night...

I got in a fight with a spray-on tan lady...and lost.

Spray on tan lady:  "How dark would you like to go?"
Me:  "Not dark at all, just a little bit of color, mainly on my face."
Spray on tan lady: "Too late, I already set it to Oompa Loompa Orange. You'll be glowing"
Me:  "I hate you."


I now resemble this:

I have a feeling me and Apricot Scrub are going to get to know each other very well over the next few days.  I hope scrubbing layer and layer of skin away helps - better to be bright red than orange.

Please, if you see me in public, don't point, stare, or laugh.


5 comments:

Steelman Co. said...

i don't trust spray on tans...I've never had one, but it's situations like yours that I just don't trust them.

Ashley said...

Oh I have to see you! I have been dying to try it, but am scared of getting orange. Are you really orange, or just darker than you thought you would be? Do tell do tell!

Chiadeb said...

Funny story--can't wait to see you. Don't be skipping church on Sunday because you want to hide:) I guess I'll stick to my island trips and get a real tan...and wrinkles... and skin cancer

Paige Hanna said...

I was really, really orange AND darker than I thought. Luckily, its fading quickly thanks to scrubbing. Hopefully at church I won't make a scene.

And Deb, please rub it in that you get to go to places like Aruba and come back all beautiful and bronze, while hermits like me have to stay home and feed babies all day.

I think I'll make Johnny take me to Aruba.

Kristie said...

So when do we get to see a photo? I think you should post one of your arm or something.