December was cold and snowy, and for the most part we stayed inside.
Sometimes, though, I'd bundle the boys up and let them walk around the backyard until they're hands and toes were cold enough to come back in the house.
We got neighborhood gifts out this year, which makes this the first year since we've been married that I actually did something. Chips and salsa, just like my family would do when I was younger!
I thoroughly Bubba's preschool Christmas program. Mostly because every forty seconds he made a different face like this.
I had breakfast at a restaurant that had amazing striped stone counters.
Most of our time was spent on our Christmas project - the toy room. We had a contractor make a playroom out of the space under the stairs, cut windows, add a slide, and turn half of the floor into laminate for cars and trains to roll on.
The boys got to decorate the space under the stairs, and each one chose something different.
Seeing Santa is always an event. The best part was probably when we were standing in line to see Santa and I dropped my phone and cussed in front of many children.
(Don't worry, watching my language was a New Year's resolution.)
Banks was happy on Papa's shoulders, but not so much with Santa.
A neighbor brought over a baby snow mobile for all the kids to try out in our backyard. I was so impressed with my boys fearlessness, just hopping on and taking it for a ride! I didn't know they made them so small!
Our annual family Christmas Eve party at my moms house, complete with loads of food, a white elephant gift exchange, and a program. Our favorite way to spend Christmas Eve.
After the party, Johnny and I spent the next 5 hours trying to get this room in order for Santa to come. The next morning the boys were pretty excited, which made it worth it!








No comments:
Post a Comment