Monday, February 24, 2014

Getting through the winter...

Johnny has been trying to spend more time with the boys one-on-one.  Each of them picked a different night to go on a date, and picked their activity.

For Drake, it was playing croquet at Provo Beach Resort.  Bubba and Con both picked games at Chuck-e-Cheese. All three got to go to Savers (a local thrift shop) to pick out a toy.  I love how easy to please they are at this age!








Johnny and I went to Atlanta for a weekend in January to visit a wonderful friend of ours.  She's the queen of hospitality, and staying with her was better than staying at any five star hotel.  She stocked the fridge with chocolate milk and snacks for me, and had the most comfortable guest bed EVER! 
(and I'm going to train the boys to leave the toilet paper roll like this.)

 We filled my BBQ pregnancy craving with some great lunch, and Johnny made faces at me until he got me to laugh.  He thinks this is the smolder, I think he looks like Con after I get mad at him.


 This home was a part of the Atlanta Historical Museum and just happened to be President Snow's house in The Hunger Games (and Catching Fire). Because we were two of four people who signed up for the tour, they took us through every room of the house and let us take our time posing in the different places from the movie. 


This is a playhouse on the property. I want one in our backyard soooooo bad.  And I wouldn't mind these floors in my entryway either...





We did some shopping in Atlanta, and you can bet that in a store full of amazing kitchen supplies, Johnny found the one horse head and wore it around the whole time. 


 Another great reason for our visit was to drive out to Athens, and hour and a half away, to see Johnny's Aunt Karen and Uncle Ray.  I had never met them and had a wonderful time getting to know them both.  Such amazing and interesting people!  The other couple with us were British friends of Karen and Ray's that they met in Ethiopia years ago. 


Johnny and I were able to see the Sundance movie Mitt.  Although the whole thing was about his two presidential elections, the biggest thing that I took away from it was what a great family the Romney's have.  Anne Romney managed to raise 5 boys to adulthood, maintained her sanity, and they all seem to love their parents.  What an accomplishment! 


No comments: